Guide to Editing: Part 1


Hi Mediastudiers, its me again, your favorite blogger... idk just though I might try something new. Anyway, today Ill be editing my video and taking you through the process of what I did and how I did it. Surprisingly, it wasn't that hard given that the iMovie app did most of the work for me. The day after I finished filming, I got to work to do the editing as I was behind schedule because I started my film late due to setbacks. I recorded about 20 video clips.




I watched all 20 clips and choose the ones I wanted. I used 10 of the clips to make my movie, some shorter than the others. Once, watched all 10 clips, I added them to iMovie in the order I wanted them in. I initially added 8 clips in the beginning and added the other 2 after I synced the other clips together to have my clips. 

Now that I have added the clips, I had to work on the sound. First, I knew I had to add non-diegetic sound to the background of my video. I had to pick a sound that conveyed a mysterious tone to match my film and it had to be copyright free. Sigh. I immediately went to the sound options in iMovie to find the perfect sound for my project in less than 5 minutes. After I added the sound, I re-watched the film to make sure I made the right choice. And I did. Then, I used the sound from the film as diegetic sound and thankfully for me, it worked out perfectly. I also went through my video to decide where I wanted to lower the music, so more of the diegetic sound would be heard or increase the volume so the music would be heard. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guide to Supporting Character Analysis

Guide To Movement/Shots: Wonder Woman 1984 Edition