Guide to Sound Editing
Hi Mediastudiers. It's me again. Today I'm blogging about how I edited the sound for my project.
As you already know and I have said multiple times, I was working on the project by myself so I will be doing everything myself.
Ok, back to editing. I used the app iMovie to edit my video and my sound. Yes, the iMovie app is that flexible. After finishing the first edit of my video, it went to the add media button and pressed audio and searched for music that may fit the theme of my story. After a long and tiring search, I found 3 different music choices that would best fit with my video. I ended up choosing the one I liked best and it was more eery than the rest.
After selecting the audio, it was automatically spread over the whole video which would make it a diegetic sound which are sounds that don't exist in the film world and can't be heard by the actors. I played the video to see how it sounded and it was bland, not a worth project so I got to work. I decided to use some of the diegetic sound from the film to give the video a little flavour. I also had to change to volume of the music throughout different scenes of the video to make everything flow.
As this was my first time editing sound for a video, I was very nervous. I also learned a lot of tactics on my own without help from the internet or anyone, for the most part. I really enjoyed this part of the project as it has inspired me to learn more about how to edit music in a film and be able to use the information in future projects.
Now, I'll attached the audio I had from my video once I figure out how to add it to this post without fault
Bye for now.
Comments
Post a Comment