Guide to Representation

 Who is Represented within your film

Hi Mediastudiers. Two days in a row. Wow. Anyway, I'm back. 

Today, I'll be discussing the representation in my film of the group/ groups of people I am trying to represent. I think in this film, I am mainly trying to represent runners/ track athletes, psycho dads, and stalkers. 

High school track athletes, especially ones that are serious about making it to the college tracks, undergo training that helps the body to progressively increase strength and endurance, enhance skill levels, and increase desire, ambition, and confidence. My character, Elaine, trains every day by going on a morning jog before school, then she has track practice/workout after school, and at the end of the day, she goes on a nightly jog/run. I'd like to believe that I was portraying a typical athlete even though all I did was run. I feel that the character is perfect and I don't need to make changes to her. 



Now, onto the stalker, Mr. Jones

Not only is Mr. Jones a stalker, but he is also a father raising his child alone after his wife died during childbirth. He took it very hard the day his wife died after giving birth to their child. He thought about leaving the baby and having her be given up for adoption, but when he looked at her, he saw his wife's eyes and decided to keep her. After a few years, he began to date but nothing ever came of those dates. So when he met Elaine, something happened in his head; he wanted her but knew he couldn't have her as she was underaged. As the film was short, I feel that I didn't portray Mr.Jones to be a struggling dad but I did portray him to be a good stalker. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guide to Supporting Character Analysis

Guide To Movement/Shots: Wonder Woman 1984 Edition