Guide To Preparing to Film

 Hi mediastudiers, welcome back to my blog. Today, we will be going over the preparations for my opening film. My planning has been difficult: trying to figure out how I wanted to do my project, where my project will take place, who will be in my film, and such. Over time, I figured out a way to work everything out in a way that works for me and makes sense. Here's a brief breaking down of each section.

Actors

The actors in my film will only include 2 people: the stalker and the girl he stalks. The actors were not hard to find as I decided to use my brother as the stalker and I would play the role of the girl. Choosing the characters wasn't very difficult and was probably the easiest part of preparing to film my opening scene.

Costumes

The costumes for my scene are fairly simple. The stalker will be wearing all black to fit the stereotype of what a stalker would wear. The girl would wear an athletic outfit as everyday wear. 

Props

The only prop that will be used in the film is a car. It will be a dark-colored car that the stalker will be driving to follow and watch the girl as she travels through her neighborhood. 

 

Locations

The film will only have one location. It will be filmed in a neighborhood. This gives the stalker a more controlled environment where he can watch the girl safely and secretly. 





Dates and Times

I decided that it was best to film in the evening/night when the girl would go out for her run or jog. The date most suitable for my brother and I is on the weekend.

     


      

Scripts

The dialogue in this film will be coming from one person, the stalker. He will be delivering a monologue throughout the whole film about the girl. It will include what he feels, his hopes, and describes how she looks and how he views her. The girl will only have one line and that is where she says hello to her stalker(neighbor) at the beginning of the film. 

Film Equipment

As I have no prior interest in filming, I don't have any film equipment. I will be using the iPhone 12 Pro Max camera to film my project. I will also be using a 51' expandable tripod which I recently ordered from Amazon. 

             

                                                               


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guide to Supporting Character Analysis

Guide To Movement/Shots: Wonder Woman 1984 Edition