Guide To Camera Angles
Hey Mediastudiers, last class period my class and I went outside to film different shots of our choosing. To be honest, I wasn't as excited as my classmates. We were told to select 5 shots from our notes and take 5-10 videos of each. We paired up and started the assignment. As I began, it was more fun than I thought it would be. Below are the shots I took and a description of each.
Extreme Wide Shot
The actor is filmed from such a distance that the audience is unable to see him. The context of an extremely wide shot, on the other hand, may indicate that the character(s) are present in the scene. As establishing shots(which is the initial shot of a new scene, intended to show the audience where the action is happening), extreme wide shots are frequently used.
Aerial Shot/ Bird's Eye
Refers to a shot that is taken from above and looks down on the subject. This shot can be employed to provide an overall establishing shot of a scene or to emphasize the subjects' diminutive size or insignificance.
Over the Shoulder Shot
The camera is positioned above the subject's shoulder and head. This shot is most typically employed to show back-and-forth communication between two subjects.
High Angle
From a high angle, the camera looks down on the subject, and the point of focus is frequently "swallowed up." When combined with the right atmosphere, environment, and effects, high-angle shots can make the subject appear fragile or powerless.
Taken from a low camera angle, facing up, anyplace below the eye line. It can even be immediately beneath the subject's feet. The low-angle shot has the psychological impact of making the subject appear powerful.
I bet these shots are pretty good
ReplyDelete